Re: BUG: sleeping function called from invalid context on3.10.10-rt7

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Wed Sep 11 2013 - 14:36:06 EST

On Wed, 11 Sep 2013 20:29:07 +0200
Mario Kleiner <mario.kleiner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> That said, maybe preempt_disable is no longer the optimal choice there
> and there's some better way to achieve good protection against
> interruptions of that bit of code? My knowledge here is a bit rusty, and
> the intel kms drivers and rt stuff has changed quite a bit.

If you set your code to a higher priority than other tasks (and
interrupts) than it wont be preempted there. Unless of course it blocks
on a lock, but even then, priority inheritance will take place and it
still should be rather quick. (unless the holder of the lock is doing
that strange polling).

-- Steve