Re: kernel BUG at fs/dcache.c:648! with v3.11-7890-ge5c832d

From: Waiman Long
Date: Tue Sep 10 2013 - 21:49:12 EST

On 09/10/2013 04:25 PM, Linus Torvalds wrote:
On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 12:57 PM, Mace Moneta<moneta.mace@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The (first) patch looks good; no recurrence. It has only taken 3-5 minutes
before, and I've been up for about half an hour now.
Ok, good. It's pushed out.

Al, your third pile of VFS stuff is also merged. Waiman, that means
that your RCU path creation stuff is in. What else did you have
pending for scalability?

Linus

I need to clean up some comments in the code. The other thing that I want to do is to introduce read_seqlock/read_sequnlock() primitives that do the locking without incrementing the sequence number. Then all the name lookup and translation code can use the new primitives as they don't change any of the protected structures. This will prevent one sequence number check failure from cascading into a series of failures because of the sequence number change. I will have a patch ready by tomorrow morning.

Regards,
Longman