Re: 3.10.5: rcu_sched detected stalls on CPUs/tasks

From: Jochen Striepe
Date: Tue Sep 10 2013 - 04:00:20 EST

Hello,

On Mon, Sep 09, 2013 at 03:27:51PM -0700, Paul E. McKenney wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 09, 2013 at 11:58:36PM +0200, Jochen Striepe wrote:
> > I just got this on 3.10.11 on the same machine. Could that be
> > related?
>
> Several people helped track down another source of spurious stall
> warnings on large systems, please see below for the patch.
[...]
> This is quite rare, but apparently occurs deterministically
> on systems with about 6TB of memory.

Hmm. My system is an ASUS Eee PC netbook with a total of 2G memory.
The latest stall was just when booting, while /dev was to be filled
by udev (and taking a really long time on that). So I think this
patch should not help at my machine, right?

I tried to reproduce the stall, but without success. Is there anything
that could help reproducing?

Best greetings,
Jochen.