Re: [Nouveau] 3.12rc1-pre Nouveau? oops

From: Tobias Klausmann
Date: Sun Sep 08 2013 - 19:02:52 EST

On 09.09.2013 00:29, Dave Airlie wrote:
On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 8:01 AM, Tobias Klausmann
<tobias.johannes.klausmann@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 08.09.2013 23:33, Dave Airlie wrote:
Looks like you have Optimus (intel + nvidia), and the backtrace has
runtime pm in it, which is something new Dave added for 3.12, adding
him in explicitly. The simplest explanation is that disp->init is
NULL. And it seems like there are no outputs from the earlier nouveau
init prints. I guess that the call to nouveau_display_resume from
nouveau_pmops_runtime_resume should be guarded by a if
(dev->mode_config.num_crtc) like it is everywhere else.

-ilia
Your guess was right, this (hopefully attached patch) fixes it for me!
Does it look like this one?

Dave.
No, mine was quick and dirty, reverted it and took yours. But i'm a little
bit confused that this is a suspend/resume problem, i booted the kernel for
the first time while seeing the oops. But anyway i tested it and it works.
It's runtime suspend/resume - so it turns the nvidia gpu off at boot since it
isn't being used.

you should see longer battery life.
Dave.
Ah thanks for the explanation.
Can we see the state in /sys somewhere? I looked around but did not find something to determine the state?
/sys/bus/pci/drivers/nouveau/0000:01:00.0/drm/card0/power/runtime_status gives me "unsupported".
But i suspect thats because of nouveaus lack to properly reclock my nvidia gpu. Anyway i'm better of asking you for the right anyswer.
Thanks for your time,
Tobias