Re: race condition in crypto larval handling

From: Herbert Xu
Date: Sun Sep 08 2013 - 00:37:25 EST

On Sat, Sep 07, 2013 at 08:34:15PM -0700, Kees Cook wrote:

> However, I noticed on the "good" path (even without the above patch),
> I sometimes see a double-kfree triggered by the modprobe process. I
> can't, however, see how that's happening, since larval_destroy should
> only be called when refcnt == 0.

Do you still see this double free with this patch? Without the
patch it is completely expected as killing the same lavral twice
will cause memory corruption leading to all sorts of weirdness,
even if you stop it from deleting the list entry twice.

Cheers,
--
Email: Herbert Xu <herbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>