Re: [GIT] HID for 3.12 merge window

From: David Herrmann
Date: Sat Sep 07 2013 - 13:31:32 EST

Hi Linus

On Sat, Sep 7, 2013 at 6:52 PM, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 7, 2013 at 12:31 AM, David Herrmann <dh.herrmann@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> The bug only occurs for multi-touch devices (their ABS_* bits are
>>>0x1f), that's why I didn't see it happening during my tests..
>
> It definitely affects keyboards too. That's how I noticed it. That is
> with the logitech "universal" receiver, though, so maybe that counts
> as a potential multi-touch device..

I have been quite wrong with that statement, yepp. xorg-evdev fetches
the whole device-information. So if a keyboard provides an affected
ABS_* bit, it'll break, too. My ancient hardware didn't use any of the
higher ABS bits, though.
I'm sorry for the troubles caused. ABS_MAX must be at most 0x3f. So
please, go ahead and revert the 3 mentioned patches.

Thanks
David