Re: [GIT] HID for 3.12 merge window

From: David Herrmann
Date: Fri Sep 06 2013 - 17:50:09 EST

Hi

On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 10:20 PM, Markus Trippelsdorf
<markus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2013.09.06 at 14:00 +0200, Jiri Kosina wrote:
>>
>> David Herrmann (12):
>> HID: wiimote: add support for Guitar-Hero drums
>
> commit 61e00655e9cb82e034eb72b95a51072e718d14a7
> Author: David Herrmann <dh.herrmann@xxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Mon Aug 26 19:14:46 2013 +0200
>
> Input: introduce BTN/ABS bits for drums and guitars
>
> The commit above breaks my Logitech mouse. The mouse cursor just sits in
> the middle of the screen and doesn't react to movements. dmesg is
> normal, but Xorg.0.log says:

Ok, the issue is the kernel assumes ABS_MAX to be a power-of-2 minus 1
(used as mask). That wasn't really obvious to me. Attached is a patch
which should fix that. Could you apply it on top of linus/master and
give it a try?

@Dmitry: The IOC_NR part of the definition of EVIOCSABS() is now
bigger than 1-byte. I need to check how that affects the 'E' part. Any
idea what to do here?

Thanks
David

Patch is also attached as I doubt that inlining it works in that
stupid web-client: