Re: [GIT PULL] Ext3, reiserfs, udf & isofs fixes

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Fri Sep 06 2013 - 12:11:27 EST

On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 12:58 PM, Jan Kara <jack@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> udf/isofs changes to refuse mounting fs rw instead of mounting it
> ro automatically which makes eject button work as expected for all media (see
> the changelog for why userspace should be ok with this change).

Pulled. However, these are kind of odd.

For trying _remount_ something read-only, isofs returns the logical
EROFS error code.

But for trying to mount it in the first place, it returns EACCES,
which sounds insane. It's not a permission problem - no amount of
permissions will ever make it work.

UDF always does EACCES, regardless of mount/remount.

Is there some fundamental reason for the insane error code? Does user
space do the wrong thing if we were to just always return "EROFS"
which makes much more sense?

Linus