Re: kobject: delayed kobject release: help find buggy drivers

From: Dave Jones
Date: Thu Sep 05 2013 - 17:26:34 EST

On Thu, Sep 05, 2013 at 05:11:13PM -0400, Dave Jones wrote:

> > Trying without serial console next..
>
> rebuilt with all serial turned off.
>
> no luck, then it oopses somewhere else. I'm suspecting something isn't
> right with that debug patch, as the next trace is also in kobject_release

I managed to get to userspace on one boot, and got this.

kobject ffff88023d93f518 has been corrupted (magic 0x6b6b6b6b). Please enable kobject debugging for full debug.

That looks like SLAB_POISON. Incompatibility between the two options ?

For some reason, even though I have DEBUG_KOBJECT on, I didn't get extra messages output.

Dave