Re: [GIT PULL] fbdev changes for 3.12

From: Tomi Valkeinen
Date: Thu Sep 05 2013 - 04:03:06 EST

On 05/09/13 10:48, David Herrmann wrote:

>> There's a conflict in drivers/video/simplefb.c, which you can resolve by using
>> the version in your tree.
>
> No, both need to be merged. The current version lacks support for
> ABGR8888. The fbdev tree lacks the DRM format, which should be:
> { "a8b8g8r8", 32, {0, 8}, {8, 8}, {16, 8}, {24, 8}, DRM_FORMAT_ABGR8888 }

Ah, right you are. a8b8g8r8 looks too much like a8r8g8b8, so my morning
groggy eyes didn't see that.

>> I guess the simplefb changes were taken through Ingo's tree because the series
>> includes x86 arch changes, but it would have been nice to see the patches in
>> the linux-next...
>
> simplefb was in linux-next. I also acked the fixup from Stephen. See
> this commit from a pre-3.12 -next tree:
> http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git/commit/include/linux/platform_data/simplefb.h?id=44ed8fb588e517a2ef917c6757ee11ee47348978

Right. And I have the mail about the conflict from Stephen in my
mailbox, which I had read, but successfully forgot about it during my
vacation.

So, what I said about conflict resolution and the series missing from
linux-next was wrong, and the conflict resolution in linux-next is what
should be used.

Tomi