Re: RESEND: Generating interrupts from a USB device driver? (USBto SPI/GPIO bridge)

From: Daniel Santos
Date: Tue Sep 03 2013 - 16:00:49 EST

On 09/02/2013 06:07 PM, Greg KH wrote:
On Mon, Sep 02, 2013 at 05:46:58PM -0500, Daniel Santos wrote:
Hello guys. I didn't get a response the last time so hopefully with
3.11 out I'll get one this time.

I need to be able to generate interrupts from a USB device driver while
servicing the complete() function of an interrupt URB.
No you don't :)

Hmm, am I wrong that if I want my gpios to be poll()-able from userspace (via /sys/class/gpio/gpio<num>/value), that I must generate an IRQ and populate my .to_irq function of gpio_chip? Or is it cleaner to find the dirent and directly call sysfs_notify_dirent() to facilitate this behavior to userspace?

Of course, this will wont enable drivers that want an irq in the kernel, but aside from this ADNS-9800, I don't need that functionality.

Thanks,
Daniel