Re: [gcv v3 06/35] scheduler: Replace __get_cpu_var uses

From: Christoph Lameter
Date: Tue Sep 03 2013 - 10:26:08 EST

On Thu, 29 Aug 2013, Steven Rostedt wrote:

> How many places use the this_cpu_*() without preemption disabled? I
> wouldn't think there's many. I never complained about another variant,
> so you need to ask those that have. The tough question for me is what
> that variant name should be ;-)

Tried to add preemption checks but the basic issue is that many of the
checks themselves use this_cpu_ops. percpu.h is very basic to the
operation of fundamental primitives for preempt etc. Use of a BUG_ON needs
a seris of includes in percpu.h that cause more trouble.

If I switch __this_cpu ops to check for preemption then the logic for
preemption etc must use the raw_this_cpu ops.