Re: latest perf code fails to parse existing data file

From: David Ahern
Date: Tue Sep 03 2013 - 08:50:18 EST

On 9/3/13 12:40 AM, Adrian Hunter wrote:
On 03/09/13 00:37, David Ahern wrote:
Arnaldo/Adrian:

Latest acme core tree fails to parse an existing data file:

$ perf trace -i perf.data
0x16b8 [0x40]: failed to process type: 1
Failed to process events, error -22

I can't reproduce this. The following works:

$ perf --version
perf version 3.9.10-100.fc17.x86_64
$ sudo perf record -e raw_syscalls:* ls
$ tools/perf/perf --version
perf version 3.11.rc4.g31cd38
$ sudo tools/perf/perf script
$ sudo tools/perf/perf trace -i perf.data

Kernel version? Is your kernel side support there?

For me data was collected on 2.6.34 about a week ago. Processed fine up to the point of this patch getting added.

David