Re: ipc-msg broken again on 3.11-rc7?

From: Vineet Gupta
Date: Tue Sep 03 2013 - 03:35:24 EST

On 09/03/2013 12:46 PM, Sedat Dilek wrote:
> Just FYI:
>
> Linux Testing Project (LTP) will do a new release in the 1st September week.
> Some IPC test-suites were reworked.
> Manfred can you look at them ("...msgctl08 uses one queue for each
> thread pair.").
> ( Might be worth to throw some words at the LTP mailing-list (that
> test-case is not ideal, etc.)? )

Well we had a userspace test working before (3.10) and now it won't. In Linux
world that is not something we do in general - although there could be exceptions
because the test is not idea etc - anyways not my call !

However assuming we are going ahead with debugging this - can you please confirm
whether you see the issue on x86 as well as I have not tested that ? I vaguely
remember one of your earlier posts suggested you did

Thx,
-Vineet