Re: network stopped with a kernel error

From: Francois Romieu
Date: Sun Sep 01 2013 - 14:59:53 EST

Roberto Spadim <roberto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> :
[...]
> ethtool show eth2 and eth1 as up and running and eth2 as fibre but
> it's a TP board?!

It happens with old model r8169 boards that go south during netdev
whatchdog recovery handler.

Please send the XID line included in dmesg output at startup.

> i'm considering eth2 a broken board now, but please check if i'm wrong:

It may sitck stick until the device is not completely powered down / up.

> [beto@raja1 bonding]# cat /proc/version
> Linux version 2.6.39-ARCH (thomas@evey) (gcc version 4.6.0 20110603
> (prerelease) (GCC) ) #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Jun 27 21:26:22 CEST 2011

It will help me if you have an URL for the sources of your kernel.

--
Ueimor