sony-laptop module - upgrade request

From: diego fanesi
Date: Thu Aug 29 2013 - 17:09:22 EST

hello everybody,

I would like to propose an upgrade of the module called sony-laptop. A
newer version of this module has already been published by Malattia on
this git server:
http://git.kamineko.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=linux-sony-2.6.git;a=summary

The new version adds the support for the newer ambient light sensors
and it should add other new features for the newer platforms. I have
personally tested this version and it works on my sony vaio z series
(SVZ1311C5E).

I'm new of this mailing list and I don't know what is the process
needed to propose a new version of a kernel module, so please give me
detailed instructions if it's needed.

Thank you,
Diego