Re: linux-next: manual merge of the pinctrl tree with Linus' tree

From: Linus Walleij
Date: Thu Aug 29 2013 - 13:20:29 EST

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 5:24 PM, Sherman Yin <syin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hmm, I fixed this the first time I ported over to LinusW's devel tree,
> but when I rebased on Sunday, the spin lock commit seemed to be
> reverted or gone.

My pinctrl devel branch was branched off of v3.11-rc1, and the
spinlock changes were in some later -rc and I didn't merge
them in until now, because I thought they were orthogonal.

How wrong I was. So merged in -rc7 now and pushed, please
check the end result or linux-next.

> Note the following return in between the locking and unlocking -
> need an unlock there?
>
>> + case PIN_CONFIG_DRIVE_STRENGTH:
>> + strength = pinconf_to_config_argument(configs[i]);
>> + if (strength > 40)
>> + return -EINVAL;

Argh. Send a patch with your reported-by tag...

Yours,
Linus Walleij