Re: ACPI vs Device Tree - moving forward

From: Matthew Garrett
Date: Sat Aug 24 2013 - 00:52:00 EST

On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 09:45:10PM -0700, Guenter Roeck wrote:

> "What happens when you have an ACPI device that contains an interrupt in
> _CRS and contains a different interrupt in an embedded FDT block?"
>
> Does the situation occur today, ie does it ever happen that one interrupt
> for a device is specified (if that is the correct term) in _CRS and
> another by some other means ?

The only case I can think of is PCI, where we ignored the ACPI-provided
resources until fairly recently. That was a somewhat reasonable thing to
do, since the hardware still had to support pre-ACPI operating systems
and so the non-ACPI information sources were typically correct.

Other than that, I think we always trust the ACPI data.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx