Re: question about netif_rx

From: Julia Lawall
Date: Wed Aug 14 2013 - 11:19:36 EST

On Wed, 14 Aug 2013, Rami Rosen wrote:

> Hi,
> BTW, this is not the only NAPI issue here. When looking into cleanup
> of resources in this driver, a call to netif_napi_del() is missing
> (though there is a call to napi_disable(), which is not enough for
> proper cleanup).

Actually, netif_napi_del seems to be quite underused. At least
approximately, I would assume that every file that uses netif_napi_add
should use netif_napi_del at least once, and possible more times. But I
find 118 .c files that use netif_napi_add, and only 35 that use
netif_napi_del.

Are there some cases where it might not be needed?

julia