Re: [05/88] carl9170: fix frame drop and WARN due to minstrel_htchange

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Tue Aug 13 2013 - 16:00:34 EST

On Tue, 13 Aug 2013 18:15:28 +0100
Luis Henriques <luis.henriques@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Steven Rostedt <rostedt@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > 3.6.11.7-rc1 stable review patch.
> > If anyone has any objections, please let me know.
>
> Not exactly an objection, but the commit text refers to:
>
> a0497f9 mac80211/minstrel_ht: add support for using CCK rates
>
> which doesn't seem to exist in 3.6 kernel. I wonder if this commit is
> actually needed.

No it doesn't :-/

Grumble, it would be nice if people added which kernel a patch goes to.
I started out looking at over 200 commits to determine which should be
backported or not. I look for any stable tags first, and then read the
commit log for SHA1s that I can look for. It seems that I missed that
this commit did state which commit caused the issue, it must have
applied fine, because failed applied patches I scrutinize even more.

Oh well, I'll nuke this commit.

Thanks!

-- Steve