Re: brcsmac kernel panic

From: Arend van Spriel
Date: Tue Aug 13 2013 - 09:42:33 EST

On 08/12/2013 10:11 PM, Daniel Wagner wrote:
Hi Arend,

On 08/12/2013 12:38 PM, Arend van Spriel wrote:
On 08/11/2013 06:21 PM, Daniel Wagner wrote:
I just updated my laptop (MacBook Air 2012) from 3.11-rc3+ to 3.11-rc4+
and since then brcsmac crashes short after enabling it. Unfortunately, I
did also change some config flags in the area of cpufreq (enabling
p-state driver) so the configuration is not exactly the same. Before I
try to figure out what I have changed, I am posting the picture of the
crash. Maybe it is something obvious.

v3.11-rc4-197-gd92581f
http://www.monom.org/misc/brcmsmac/v3.11-rc4.config
http://www.monom.org/misc/brcmsmac/IMAG0064.jpg

Thanks, Daniel

I was looking at this issue two weeks ago and just got back from my
vacation. Can you apply the patch and send me a kernel log?

Sure, the patch does the trick, the panic is gone.

Unfortunately, it results in a lot of error print and phy tx errors that has been reported by others. I think the two are related, but I have not root caused it yet. Your laptop may be usable now, but wireless performance is probably bad.

Too bad I can not reproduce the issue over here. Are you willing to test some patches when I got a better grasp on the issue?

Regards,
Arend

Sharing pictures, huh. What about this one :-p

No no, that isn't me, that is someone else! :P

cheers,
daniel