Re: [HANG] Trouble with NEC-based USB adapter in PCMCIA slot on E7110

From: Thomas Richter
Date: Sun Aug 11 2013 - 09:27:25 EST

On 11.08.2013 03:46, Alan Stern wrote:
On Sat, 10 Aug 2013, Thomas Richter wrote:

Sorry, need to look further. I replaced ehci-pci from 2.6.31.14, and
yenta_socket as well. No changes were necessary. Also replaced ehci-hcd,

Do you mean that you took the source code for ehci-hcd from the 2.6.31
kernel, copied it into the source directory for the 2.6.32 kernel, and
built it there?

In the meantime, I replaced the entire usb subsystem from the 2.6.32.1 by that of 2.6.31.14, plus minor patches, but no avail. Still hangs. So it's unlikely it's someplace in usb. I'll try next with the PCMCIA subsystem... )-:

Greetings,
Thomas