block_all_signals() must die (Was: Patch for lost wakeups)

From: Oleg Nesterov
Date: Fri Aug 09 2013 - 11:36:53 EST

And sorry for off-topic email, but I can't resist.

Can't we finally kill block_all_signals() and ->notifier ? This
is very, very wrong and doesn't work anyway.

I tried to ask many, many times. Starting from 2007 at least.
And every time the discussion "hangs". I am quoting the last
email I sent below.

Dave, your reply was:

I'm on
holidays for another week or so, maybe once I get back I'll find some
time to figure out how it works vs what happens, but really I suspect
we can kill this with fire.

So perhaps I should simply send the patch with your ack? ;)

Oleg.