Re: aio: kernel BUG at fs/aio.c:646!

From: Benjamin LaHaise
Date: Mon Aug 05 2013 - 12:08:34 EST

Hi Sasha,

On Mon, Aug 05, 2013 at 09:57:08AM -0400, Sasha Levin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> While fuzzing with trinity inside a KVM tools guest running latest -next
> kernel,
> I've stumbled on the following spew caused by a new BUG() added in "aio: fix
> io_destroy() regression by using call_rcu()".

I did some investigating, and it looks like there is a problem with
db446a08c23d5475e6b08c87acca79ebb20f283c (aio: convert the ioctx list to
table lookup v3). Can you confirm if reverting this patch eliminates
the BUG() you're hitting? In my testing, I wasn't able to trigger the
BUG(), but I was able to trip up slab corruption with debugging on.
Thanks,

-ben

--
"Thought is the essence of where you are now."