Re: [GIT PULL] tracing: final fixes for events and some

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Mon Aug 05 2013 - 10:33:08 EST

* Steven Rostedt <rostedt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Linus,
>
> Oleg Nesterov has been working hard in closing all the holes that can
> lead to race conditions between deleting an event and accessing an event
> debugfs file. This included a fix to the debugfs system (acked by Greg
> Kroah-Hartman). We think that all the holes have been patched and
> hopefully we don't find more. I haven't marked all of them for stable
> because I need to examine them more to figure out how far back some of
> the changes need to go.

Sigh, that's quite some churn still - unless these bugs were introduced in
the v3.11 merge window (i.e. are genuine _regressions_), shouldn't such
invasive fixes really go into v3.12 instead?

I see that some of the fixes here fix issues that your earlier post-rc1
rounds of non-regression fixes introduced to begin with. That's really not
a good pattern either IMO.

Thanks,

Ingo