Re: [RFC v01 0/3] Power Capping Framework

From: Arjan van de Ven
Date: Sun Aug 04 2013 - 15:36:30 EST

On 8/2/2013 5:53 PM, Greg KH wrote:
I will post the one client driver, which is already using this
framework as this series.
Ideally you will have more than one client driver submitted, as a
"framework" for just one driver seems a bit odd, don't you think?
There are other groups and vendors interested in using this
framework. But they want to make sure that this
framework can go to upstream Linux. We will provide one client using
this framework at this time.
Do you think this is a problem?

I would love to see the feedback from those groups and vendors as well,
to ensure that they agree with this. Ideally, they would sign off on
the patches, and provide clients that work with the framework at the
same time. Otherwise, I just have to take your word for it :)

I suspect that in some ways Intel is a year or two ahead in this regard,
we'll see if others are willing to speak up yet ;-)