Re: [build failure] perf

From: Denis Kirjanov
Date: Tue Jul 30 2013 - 10:55:28 EST

CCing linux-kernel

One interesting observation is that perf fails to build on x86 using
gcc 4.1.2 with:
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
util/session.c: In function 'regs_dump__printf':
util/session.c:715: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will
break strict-aliasing rules
util/session.c:715: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will
break strict-aliasing rules

I was thinking about that something is wrong with u64 datatype but on
the other hand I can build it on my ppc32 system with gcc 4.5.4...