Re: [Ksummit-2013-discuss] Defining schemas for Device Tree

From: David Lang
Date: Mon Jul 29 2013 - 20:42:29 EST

On Mon, 29 Jul 2013, Jason Cooper wrote:

I don't think that siblings have any defined order in DT. If reading a
device tree, there's no guarantee you get nodes or properties out in the
same order as the original .dts file.

That's why I raised the point. If people think encoding initialization
order in the DT is a good idea, then we should change the dtc so it
compiles/decompiles in the same order.

if you make the initializaiton order 'magicly' correct by following the order of the flat representation, how do you reflect the case where initialization can be overlapped for different devices?

you are just trading one side of the problem for the other.

David Lang