Re: [ 00/45] 3.0.88-stable review

From: Ben Hutchings
Date: Sat Jul 27 2013 - 19:31:24 EST

On Sat, 2013-07-27 at 06:22 -0500, linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Quoting Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> > This is the start of the stable review cycle for the 3.0.88 release.
> > There are 45 patches in this series, all will be posted as a response
> > to this one. If anyone has any issues with these being applied, please
> > let me know.

> > Anything received after that time might be too late.
> >
> > The whole patch series can be found in one patch at:
> > kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v3.0/stable-review/patch-3.0.88-rc1.gz
> > and the diffstat can be found below.
> >
> We have additional build failures.
>
> Total builds: 54 Total build errors: 20
>
> Link:
> http://desktop.roeck-us.net/buildlogs/v3.0.87-45-g367423c.2013-07-27.03:09:16
>
> Previously:
> Total builds: 54 Total build errors: 17
>
> Additional failures are i386/allmodconfig, i386/allyesconfig and mips/malta.
>
> I don't have time to track down the culprit tonight (I am still in
> Down Under ;). I hope I can do it tomorrow.

I iterated through the 3.0 patch queue with i386/allmodconfig, and got
to:

Applying patch ifb-fix-rcu_sched-self-detected-stalls.patch
patching file drivers/net/ifb.c

Now at patch ifb-fix-rcu_sched-self-detected-stalls.patch
CHK include/linux/version.h
CHK include/generated/utsrelease.h
CALL scripts/checksyscalls.sh
CHK include/generated/compile.h
VDSOSYM arch/x86/vdso/vdso32-int80-syms.lds
VDSOSYM arch/x86/vdso/vdso32-sysenter-syms.lds
VDSOSYM arch/x86/vdso/vdso32-syms.lds
LD arch/x86/vdso/built-in.o
LD arch/x86/built-in.o
CC [M] drivers/net/ifb.o
drivers/net/ifb.c: In function âifb_init_moduleâ:
drivers/net/ifb.c:257:3: error: implicit declaration of function âcond_reschedâ [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
cc1: some warnings being treated as errors
make[2]: *** [drivers/net/ifb.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [drivers/net] Error 2
make: *** [drivers] Error 2

I think this patch needs to add a '#include <linux/sched.h>', but that
header is being included indirectly in some other configurations (and in
mainline).

With that change, I can apply the remaining patches and compile
3.0.88-rc1 successfully.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
All extremists should be taken out and shot.