Re: [Ksummit-2013-discuss] [ATTEND] How to act on LKML

From: Daniel Phillips
Date: Thu Jul 25 2013 - 18:51:46 EST

On 07/25/2013 02:34 PM, Willy Tarreau wrote:
> Guys, could we please stop this endless boring thread ?

Willy, I believe we are on the same side of the civility debate, but I
somehow got the feeling that you just characterized my comment re "open
and honest" as "endless and boring".

I agree that the attempt to divert the intent of my comment into a
farcical debate on debating was not worth the internet bytes it was
printed on. In fact, that nicely demonstrates one class of technique
commonly used on lkml to silence criticism, and is worth studying from
that viewpoint. That sort of diverting should end, particularly in
regards to the topic at hand.

Regards,

Daniel