Re: [tip:perf/core] perf: Update perf_event_type documentation

From: David Ahern
Date: Thu Jul 25 2013 - 08:39:48 EST

On 7/25/13 6:31 AM, Vince Weaver wrote:
On Thu, 25 Jul 2013, Peter Zijlstra wrote:

I didn't add any fields, this is simply catching up with what was
already there. But yes, this is very much intended to be compatible.

So those id fields have been there since 2.6.31 and just no one noticed
the header file comments were wrong? That's fine then, I just have a lot
of code and other documentation that needs to be updated then.

I believe those fields came in with the sample_id_all patch - c980d1091810df13f21aabbce545fd98f545bbf7 - which is 2.6.37.

David