Re: compile x86_64 waring

From: Paul Bolle
Date: Thu Jul 25 2013 - 04:54:05 EST

On Wed, 2013-07-24 at 19:22 -0400, Tom Rini wrote:
> On 07/24/2013 05:05 PM, Paul Bolle wrote:
> > 3) So this looks like a false positive to me (but I'm not at all
> > familiar with, well, the section mismatch checks). Would there be a way
> > to silence this warning? Other than dropping __initdata from
> > numa_nodes_parsed, of course.
>
> I suspect you have a real problem, in that either numa_nodes_parsed
> needs to not be __initdata (as it's being called by both __init and
> non-__init functions, and hence the problem), or the other caller(s) of
> numa_nodes_parsed need to also be __init. Is this seen in top-of-tree
> Linus?

Won't v3.11-rc2 do?

> If so, I can take a peek took, if someone shoots me a config
> file.

The relevant config options should be CONFIG_NUMA and CONFIG_ACPI_NUMA
(both are bool, and set to 'y' in my .config).

But I've just pulled top-of-tree Linus, ie commit 07bc9dc1b0
("git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/benh/powerpc'"). I'll
try to build that and I 'll send you my .config if this all is still
triggered.

Paul Bolle