Re: [Ksummit-2013-discuss] KS Topic request: Handling the Stablekernel, let's dump the cc: stable tag

From: Joe Perches
Date: Mon Jul 15 2013 - 17:10:01 EST

On Mon, 2013-07-15 at 16:56 -0400, Steven Rostedt wrote:
> It may not be efficient for maintainers, but as maintainers we should
> spend a bit more time on stable releases.

The MAINTAINERS file specifies a difference between a
section that's Maintained vs Supported.

Do please remember there's a difference between a maintainer
and someone that's paid to support a particular thing.

My feeling is if you're a maintainer you can just say
"use the current version" and not spend even a moments
effort or thought on backports.

When you're getting paid however, different issues...