Re: [Ksummit-2013-discuss] When to push bug fixes to mainline

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Fri Jul 12 2013 - 13:51:06 EST

On Fri, 2013-07-12 at 10:28 -0700, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:

> Yes, this requires you to remember to do this after it hits Linus's
> tree, so you could do like David does for networking, and keep a
> seperate tree to send to me specifically for stable patches. I think he
> uses patchwork, but I know others use git for this, and that's fine as
> well.

Perhaps just make a separate stable branch, where you cherry-pick the
specific patch using the -x option. Adds a "(cherry picked from
commit ...)". Then you could have some filter that monitors Linus
commits and when a commit matches one of these patches, have it
automatically sent to the stable list.

-- Steve