Re: MXS persistent bits driver

From: Hector Palacios
Date: Thu Jul 11 2013 - 05:04:39 EST

Dear Maxime,

On 07/11/2013 10:24 AM, maxime.ripard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi Hector,

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 09:30:34AM +0200, Hector Palacios wrote:
Greetings,

Linux 2.6.35 had a driver for sysfs access to the MXS persistent
bits (drivers/misc/mxs-persistent.c).

Freescale's 2.6.35 I suspect, right?

Yes.

I haven't seen this is supported upstream. Is anybody working on that?
Where would such a driver fit?

Christoph Baumann recently started porting the Freescale's driver to
newer release.

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2013-July/181569.html

This needs quite a lot of work, but it's ongoing.

Also, about where to put such a driver, I started a discussion about
this last week. Mostly, that would be part of MTD, from what is out of
the discussion so far.

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2013-July/182002.html

I was talking about RTC persistent bits, not OTP bits, but I they also fit in your EEPROM like model. I like it!

Best regards,
--
Hector Palacios