Re: [merged] memstick-add-support-for-legacy-memorysticks.patchremoved from -mm tree

From: Maxim Levitsky
Date: Mon Jul 08 2013 - 10:12:16 EST

On Sun, 2013-07-07 at 22:11 -0400, Valdis.Kletnieks@xxxxxx wrote:
> On Mon, 08 Jul 2013 03:41:42 +0300, Maxim Levitsky said:
>
> > +/* Debug test to validate free block counts */
> > +#ifdef DEBUG
> > +static int msb_validate_used_block_bitmap(struct msb_data *msb)
> > +{
>
> Is there a reason this should be inside a #ifdef DEBUG with no
> easy way to select DEBUG? Maybe CONFIG_MS_BLOCK_DEBUG similar to
> the way other subsystems allow configuring additional debug code?

Unless there is a bug in the driver, the code shouldn't really be
needed.
I have a module param 'debug' and I don't mind hooking this code to it.

But I don't mind hooking this code to 'debug' module param I have.
I updated this, and fixed deprecated usage of idr_pre_get.

Updated version attached.

--
Best regards,
Maxim Levitsky