Re: Linux 3.10-rc7

From: Shuah Khan
Date: Mon Jul 01 2013 - 10:55:10 EST

On 06/26/2013 04:24 PM, Shuah Khan wrote:
> On 06/26/2013 04:12 PM, Winkler, Tomas wrote:
>>

>> 42f132f mei: me: clear interrupts on the resume path
>> 2753ff5 mei: nfc: fix nfc device freeing
>> 5e85b36 mei: init: Flush scheduled work before resetting the device
>>
>> Are you sure you have these 3 in?
>>

> Checked the git log and yes I have all three commits. It appears this
> problem is intermittent and hard to reproduce at least on 3.10-rc7. I
> tried several times yesterday to capture the log and couldn't reproduce.
>
> -- Shuah

Tomas,

I saw the mei_me problem again, however couldn't save the logs. I am
getting into the habit of saving dmesg as soon as system gets resumed to
catch the dmesg buffer prior to mei getting into this state. There is
another difference in suspend sequence between 3.9.8 and 3.10-rc6 and rc-7.

When I do echo disk > state,

Screen clears and instead of going into console mode like it does on
3.9.8, it will get back into graphics mode and show the screen exactly
the way it was right after echo disk > state command was issued. It
stays in that state for good 60 seconds or more and then I see the
suspend complete.

I can start bi-sect of this problem on intel-display scope if you would
like me to. Please let me know if the bisect scope should be larger.

-- Shuah

Shuah Khan, Linux Kernel Developer - Open Source Group Samsung Research
America (Silicon Valley) shuah.kh@xxxxxxxxxxx | (970) 672-0658