Re: linux-next: Tree for Jun 26 [ vfs | block | fuse (cpuidle)releated? ]

From: Sedat Dilek
Date: Wed Jun 26 2013 - 13:47:32 EST

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 7:15 PM, Greg Kroah-Hartman
<gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 05:36:03PM +0200, Sedat Dilek wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 5:32 PM, Greg Kroah-Hartman
>> <gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> > As the FUSE code was working properly before this change, I think this
>> > misc core change needs to be reverted, so I'll go do that in a bit.
>> >

>> Good, sound reasonable.
>>
>> I was not aware that char-misc and fuse code is so interwoven (hope
>> this is the right word).
>
> The fuse driver is a misc device, so the fuse code depends on the misc
> core to work properly, that's the dependancy here.
>
> I've now reverted this change, thanks again for the report and the quick
> determination of the problem.

All this early-testing results sometimes in nice use-cases/test-cases.

If I think of the IPC-MSG issue (fakeroot & 'make deb-pkg') I had in -next...
I have sent a patch to Linux-Testing-Project to enhance the IPC test-suite.
As a goodie I catched a BASHISM bug for dash shell in runltp script :-).

I forgot a bug-report for Debian's fakeroot... The shipped DEBUG
doc-file is outdated.

The harder part is to convince the maintainers that sth. is/went wrong :-).

Personally, I am happy when Friday's Linux-Next is "bug-free" for me.

- Sedat -