Re: [RFC 2/2] x86_64, mm: Reinsert the absent memory

From: Mike Travis
Date: Tue Jun 25 2013 - 13:19:31 EST

Thanks. I went through a few iterations until finalizing
on the current patches. Originally the memory was inserted
using the memory probe interface, but at 2G per addition,
it was still very slow. By bypassing the memory driver
interface, and going directly to add_memory and memory_online,
along with Nathan's changes to unlock the memory mutex on
a per node basis, it sped up dramatically.