Re: linux-next: Tree for Jun 25

From: Sedat Dilek
Date: Tue Jun 25 2013 - 05:40:25 EST

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 11:30 AM, Michal Marek <mmarek@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 25.6.2013 11:26, Sedat Dilek wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 11:21 AM, Yann E. MORIN <yann.morin.1998@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git/commit/?id=a11650e11093ed57dca78bf16e7836517c599098
>>
>>> - for tristate choices, it is possible to select zero, one or more of the
>>> symbols in the choice
>>> - if no symbol is selected (randomly or otherwise) in a tristate choice,
>>> then the choice symbol itself has no assigned 'value'
>>> - then silentoldconfig whines
>>
>> Bad bad bad Yann, didn't Marek told you to test always with...
>>
>> $ yes "" | make oldconfig; make silentoldconfig </dev/null
>>
>> Anyway, have fun.
>
> You only hit this if you have CONFIG_RAPIDIO=y in the original config.

OK, my kernel-config base was from a Ubuntu/precise kernel.
You are right for x86 it is not a defconfig.

$ grep RAPIDIO arch/x86/configs/*_defconfig

$ grep RAPIDIO arch/powerpc/configs/*_defconfig
arch/powerpc/configs/corenet32_smp_defconfig:CONFIG_RAPIDIO=y
arch/powerpc/configs/corenet64_smp_defconfig:CONFIG_RAPIDIO=y
arch/powerpc/configs/mpc85xx_defconfig:CONFIG_RAPIDIO=y
arch/powerpc/configs/mpc85xx_smp_defconfig:CONFIG_RAPIDIO=y

Anyway, it is good we catched this.

- Sedat -