Per route MTU settings are broken in linux kernel 3.2

From: Yura Pakhuchiy
Date: Mon Jun 24 2013 - 04:43:59 EST

Hello Ben,

Looks like setting per route MTU (as described in [1]) is broken in
Linux kernel 3.2. I tested with newer Ubuntu kernels 3.5 and 3.8 and it
looks like problem is fixed there. I filled Ubuntu bug report [2] with
more details and sample script which illustrates problem. But since this
problem is probably also present in stock kernel (not just in Ubuntu),
is it possible to backport fixes to stable 3.2 series?

1. http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.cookbook.mtu-discovery.html
2. https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1177507

--
Best regards,