f2fs tests

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Fri Jun 21 2013 - 15:36:10 EST

Hi!

I played a bit with f2fs...

First, I had to compile the f2fstools... Unfortunately they require
never autoconf than available on debian. I tried to hack it, but then
I decided that compiling it by hand is just simpler.

gcc -I include/ -I . lib/*.c mkfs/*.c /usr/lib/libuuid.so

does the trick.

I was quite surprised there's no fsck in the repository... Do you have
fsck somewhere?

I tested with copy of kernel and 4GB stick (with RedHat logo, thanks
:-)... copying it from hdd took 46 minutes for VFAT and 19 minutes for
F2FS. Good.

VFAT: time find . -name "not-here" took 26 seconds.
F2F: time find . -name "not-here" took 22-24 seconds.

Faster copy, same speed find, good. (Find is even slightly faster than
HDD, with 27-30 seconds).

But now the strange stuff: the same data takes 861MB on ext3 and 1.3GB
on f2fs. (It was even bigger than that on VFAT). I guess I should test
the patch for inlining small files into inodes?

Pavel