Re: [pull request] Pull request for branch yem-kconfig-for-next

From: Yann E. MORIN
Date: Wed Jun 19 2013 - 17:01:43 EST

Michal, All,

On 2013-06-19 22:40 +0200, Michal Marek spake thusly:
> Dne 19.6.2013 00:44, Yann E. MORIN napsal(a):
> > From: "Yann E. MORIN" <yann.morin.1998@xxxxxxx>
> >
> > Hello Michal, All!
> >
> > These are the patches against kconfig that I have accumulated for 3.11,
> > and for which I plan to later send a proper pull-request.
> >
> > Note-whorthy this time:
> > - fix values of tristates that are selected by boolean choices (Arve)
> > - fix choice randomisation in presence of KCONFIG_ALLCONFIG (me)
> > - fix choice randomisation selecting more than one value in
> > a choice (but only if it is conditional) (me)
> > - fix choice-in-a-choice randomisation not selecting any value
> > for the inner-most choice (me)
> >
> > Also, some code-cleanups and eye-candy:
> > - mconf and nconf code cleanups (Dirk, Sedat)
> > - mconf and nconf eye-candy (Dirk)
> > - scripts/config script-name in help text (ClÃment)
> > - heuristic to sort found symbols by relevance (me)
> > - more randconfig debugging help (me)
> >
> > Note: this series is for review before I send an official pull-request.
> > I want to avoid the debacle [0] [1] of the last kconfig breakage I caused
> > with my previous kconfig "fix" to randomising choices in presence of
> > KCONFIG_ALLCONFIG.
> >
> > I would like to send an official pull-request early next week, so all of
> > these can land early in -next, so they get some real-life t4esting before
> > the next merge windows open. So please, please, test this carefully. ;-)
>
> I tested this a bit, it works fine. Unless somebody else finds issues,
> I'll merge it.

Could you please wait a few days (say friday, or monday), I know someone
whose supposed to do some testing on his use-case (Hello Thomas! ;-) ).

Thank you!

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

| Yann E. MORIN | Real-Time Embedded | /"\ ASCII RIBBON | Erics' conspiracy: |
| +33 662 376 056 | Software Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN | ___ |
| +33 223 225 172 `------------.-------: X AGAINST | \e/ There is no |
| http://ymorin.is-a-geek.org/ | _/*\_ | / \ HTML MAIL | v conspiracy. |