Re: linux-next: manual merge of the arm-mpidr tree with the arm tree

From: Jonathan Austin
Date: Wed Jun 19 2013 - 04:45:10 EST

On 19/06/13 09:26, Russell King wrote:
On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 10:44:09AM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
Hi Lorenzo,

Today's linux-next merge of the arm-mpidr tree got a conflict in
arch/arm/kernel/suspend.c between commit aa1aadc3305c ("ARM: suspend: fix
CPU suspend code for !CONFIG_MMU configurations") from the arm tree and
commit 3fed6a1e3bf0 ("ARM: kernel: implement stack pointer save array
through MPIDR hashing") from the arm-mpidr tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary (no action
is required).

P.S. that arm tree commit above has no Signed-off-by from its
committer :-(

Oh bloody hell. Now what do I do about that. The branch is a declared
stable branch, and the commit came in from someone elses tree. So it's
immutable...

Sorry guys, this was my first pull request and I didn't realise that,
though Will was the author, I needed to sign off on the patch too as *I*
had become the committer (I thought that Russell would become the
committer as this was going 'via' him, as it does when it goes through
Russell's patch system).

Apologies. I'll make sure this doesn't happen again...

Jonny

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. Thank you.