Re: linux-next: manual merge of the arm-soc tree with the net-nexttree

From: Sergei Shtylyov
Date: Tue Jun 18 2013 - 10:36:45 EST

Hello.

On 18-06-2013 12:33, Bastian Hecht wrote:

Sergei is completely right I think. He was sceptic about the commit in
a mail some days ago already. Unfortunately I recently haven't had
access to my development environment to check what's up with this
patch. I'm sorry that it ended up to you both to deal with it. I have
written some simple bindings for the sh-eth and wanted to use it for
our DT reference version for the Armadillo board but discarded it as I
saw Nobuhiro Iwamatsu, the author of the sh-eth driver, cooked up some
more mature version. I don't see them in the next branch of Simon, so
until they appear there we can delete commit 9e0b428f079d ("ARM:

It won't appear there. I'll just NAK it, I think I've alredy told Iwamatsu-san that the full blown device tree binding for this driver is no-go. The best we can do is use OF_DEV_AUXDATA() to rename the DT sourced platform device to a traditional one and assign to it the platform data.

shmobile: r8a7740: Add interim sh-eth device name to clocks list")

Unfortunately, it's now too late to just delete it at this point. I missed the patch unfortunately when it was just submitted.

that is only needed for sh-eth DT usage.

Thanks,

Bastian

WBR, Sergei