Re: Linux 3.10-rc6

From: David Daney
Date: Mon Jun 17 2013 - 17:26:29 EST

On 06/17/2013 02:13 PM, Andrew Morton wrote:
On Mon, 17 Jun 2013 14:08:13 -0700 David Daney <ddaney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I think switch-back-to-a-macro is simplest and safest for now. Perhaps
you can queue a 3.11 patch which restores the C function and fixes up
mn10300 and ia64?

If the patch is reverted, I will do that.

I'm not proposing that we revert f21afc25f9ed4. Retain its
functionality, but do it via a macro for 3.10.

I misread your patch. Your patch may be incorrect in that the flags variable you introduce has name space collisions with code using the macro. Linus found this exact problem with the first version of my patch (which was identical to your patch).

Once you fix the name of 'flags', I hope you don't run into the same Include Hell on ia64 and mn10300 that I did.

David Daney