Re: [patch v2 3/6] mm/memory_hotplug: Disable memory hotremove for32bit

From: Michal Hocko
Date: Sun May 26 2013 - 14:12:18 EST

On Sun 26-05-13 17:06:17, Wanpeng Li wrote:
> On Sun, May 26, 2013 at 11:00:54AM +0200, Michal Hocko wrote:
> >On Sun 26-05-13 13:58:38, Wanpeng Li wrote:
> >> As KOSAKI Motohiro mentioned, memory hotplug don't support 32bit since
> >> it was born,
> >
> >Why? any reference? This reasoning is really weak.
> >

> http://marc.info/?l=linux-mm&m=136953099010171&w=2

I have seen the email but that email just states that the feature is
broken. Maybe it is obvious to you _what_ is actually broken but it
doesn't need to be others especially those who would be reading such
changelog later. So if you consider this configuration broken then be
specific what is broken.

--
Michal Hocko
SUSE Labs