[net-next RFC 0/8] multiqueue API support for macvtap

From: Jason Wang
Date: Wed May 22 2013 - 23:22:50 EST

Hi all:

This series implements a fully tuntap compatiable API which could be used by
userspace to manage multi macvtap queues. The main parts is to add TUNSETQUEUE
ioctl support for macvtap.

Patch 1 - 4 was some tuntap compatibility and misc cleanups.
Patch 5 removes the linear search in macvtap by reshuffling the macvtaps array
each time a queue is removed. After this, we could store both enabled and
disabled queues in the same array without introducing extra data structure.
Patch 6 let TUNSETIFF can create multiqueue device, nothing but some check were
added.
Patch 7 implement TUNSETQUEUE ioctl
Patch 8 reports IFF_MULTI_QUEUE to userspace to notify the userspace that the
multiqueue API is completed.

Flow caches implememtation were missed in this version, since I am doing rework
on the tuntap flow caches. Have some some stress test with both netperf and
pktgen.

Please review, thanks.

Jason Wang (8):
macvlan: switch to use IS_ENABLED()
macvtap: return -EBADFD when TUNGETIFF fails
macvtap: introduce macvtap_get_vlan()
macvlan: reduce the max number of taps to 8
macvtap: eliminate linear search
macvtap: allow TUNSETIFF to create multiqueue device
macvtap: add TUNSETQUEUE ioctl
macvtap: enable multiqueue flag

include/linux/if_macvlan.h | 11 ++-