Re: function call fw_iso_resource_mange(..) (core-iso.c) does not return

From: Stephan Gatzka
Date: Wed May 22 2013 - 05:02:31 EST

An important note with case b) is that Ralf (the original reporter) was
running 3.4.something. I'm aware that some work has gone into workqueue
locks in 3.9 and 3.10. I asked Ralf if he could reproduce on a more
recent kernel but never heard back. Maybe these are two different problems
(ie, a failure to guarantee forward progress on a single workqueue and
a straightforward deadlock when using two wqs)?

Stephan Gatzka,
what kernel version did you instrument and reproduce this with?

Ralf and I are working together on the same system. It's kernel 3.4.28, patched with Xenomai 2.6.1.

Regards,

Stephan