Re: PROBLEM: modprobe hang at startup (3.8.x, 3.9.x, IBM x3550)

From: Jean Delvare
Date: Fri May 17 2013 - 05:47:19 EST

On Fri, 17 May 2013 11:22:17 +0200, Martin Mokrejs wrote:
> Hi,
> while you are chasing some problem with i2c_801 I would like to mention
> that I never got an answer on the thread https://lkml.org/lkml/2013/1/23/405
> about a kmemleak reported by kernel . Maybe this could give you a hint?
> If these do not overlap I would be anyways glad to receive an answer via
> the original thread I have started.
> Thank you,
> Martin

I have no clue what the problem is nor how to investigate it, and in
fact I strongly suspect that this is either a false positive or a
problem in lower layers - driver core, sysfs etc. so nothing I can help
with.

So until someone comes with an evidence that there is an actual memory
leak in the i2c-i801 driver itself I'm not going to pay any attention
to your report, sorry.

--
Jean Delvare